Busy Bees is an English preschool for English speaking children from 2½ to 5 years old. Classes are held Monday to Friday from 9.15 to 12.15 and Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 1.15 to 4.15. We cannot take charge of children at lunch time. There are 16 children per session in the care of two experienced British-qualified teachers. Our holidays follow the French school calendar.
Children follow a two year programme offering a wide variety of activities including :
- Imaginative play (dressing up, small world toys...)
- Construction (LEGO ®, Clipo...)
- Modelling and sticking (play dough, salt dough, junk modelling...)
- Painting and drawing (involving a wide variety of art media)
- Singing, music and movement (including percussion and rhythm activities)
- Drama (puppet shows, role play...)
- Physical activities (in a large dance studio)
- Conversation and listening (show and tell, stories...)
There is always a mid-morning drink and snack. The children make an art or craft activity once a week and take home a sheet of work after each session. They also have a homework book to take home once a week with a sheet of work to do with a parent, to enable you to follow the week’s work unit.
In addition to the above, we aim to give the children an understanding of numbers, phonetics (learning the sounds of the alphabet using the Letterland method), recognition and writing of their name and also an understanding of basic mathematical language (for example, shapes, taller/shorter...). Older children follow a specially-structured reading and writing programme. We produce two shows, one at Christmas and one in June.
Our aim at Busy Bees is to create a happy atmosphere for the children to encourage and develop their potential and to help them make a good adjustment to formal school life. The majority of our children are successful in obtaining places in local international schools.
We look forward to meeting you and your child and answering any relevant questions you may have.